Stanley Climate & Temperature
- Stanley, Falkland Islands is at 51°42'S, 57°52'W, 53 m (174 ft). See map.
- Stanley has a polar tundra climate with no true summer (Köppen-Geiger classification: ET).
- The average temperature is 5.6 degrees Celsius (42.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 7 °C (12.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 604 mm (23.8 inches) which is equivalent to 604 Litres/m² (14.81 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1651 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Stanley you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Nercinskij Zavod, Russia where you would find a Subarctic climate (Boreal moist forest biome).
Stanley Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Stanley Climate Graph in Metric Units
Stanley Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Stanley, Falkland Islands Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Trelew, Argentina - 1095.5 kms (680.8 miles) NNW
- Sarmiento, Argentina - 1069.3 kms (664.5 miles) NW
- Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina - 963.8 kms (598.9 miles) NW
- Balmaceda Puerto, Chile - 1196.8 kms (743.7 miles) WNW
- Chico, Chile - 1153 kms (716.5 miles) WNW
- Puerto Deseado, Argentina - 727 kms (451.7 miles) NW
- Lago Argentino, Argentina - 1020.2 kms (634 miles) W
- Rio Gallegos, Argentina - 786.8 kms (488.9 miles) W
- Punta Arenas, Chile - 892 kms (554.3 miles) WSW
- Ushuaia, Argentina - 775 kms (481.6 miles) WSW
- Isla Diego Ramirez, Chile - 883.7 kms (549.1 miles) SW
- C.M.A. Pdte. Eduardo Fr, Antarctica - 1167.6 kms (725.6 miles) S